VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Sugarloaf mountain Vineyard Cycling Tour

Sugarloaf mountain Vineyard Cycling Tour

John
user 9478750
Sterling, VA
Post #: 18
Hi everyone!

I would like to extend an invitation for everyone to join me as my guest for a ride I have scheduled for this Saturday, July 2 with Fairfax / Great Falls Singles MeetUp Group (you don’t have to be single either!). The ride will start and end at Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard and will include two route options of 42 or 24 miles. Route details are still being worked out.

After our ride we will enjoy some well deserved wine and picnic style food. We are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy outside, so bring whatever food you want for yourself and/or to share. A variety of cheese platters are available for purchase for $ 10 and $12 dollars serving 2 - 4 people. Tastings are $5 for 4 wines and $10 for all 8. Non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase as well. While we are permitted to bring food for consumption outside, NO ALCHOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE PERMITTED ON SITE OTHER THAN WINE PURCHASED AT THE VINEYARD!

Distance: 42 miles, or 24 miles (approximate)
Terrain: Rolling Hills
Surface: Roads
Pace: 14 - 16 mph
Duration: 4 hours including breaks
Recommended Bicycle Type(s): Road, Cyclocross, Hybrid

Time: 8:00 am.
We plan to start riding at 8:15 am sharp! If you’re running late, call me at 703-216-5970. If you will be more than 15 minutes late, be prepared to pedal faster!

Parking:

The Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard has graciously allowed us to use their parking lot while we are on our ride. Details of how to get into the parking lot will be provide to everyone in a separate email.

If you have questions, email me at johnfr53@gmail.com
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 513
Hi John,

Thanks for the posting, it sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately I have too many errands to run that day however I hope you and everyone who participates have a good time.

Bests,
gregg
Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 29
I couldn't make this date, but this sounds like a great ride - I have wished I could stop there when riding past... !
John
user 9478750
Sterling, VA
Post #: 20
We'll be doing this again in the future, along with other vineyard rides.