addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Impromptu Ride: Catoctin Mountain - Sat Aug 6th

Impromptu Ride: Catoctin Mountain - Sat Aug 6th

Matt
mmpasta
Arlington, VA
Post #: 23
I'm planning on riding the Catoctin Mountain ride from Frederick, MD that the group has done in the past on Saturday Aug 6th and wanted to gauge interest to see if others wanted to ride as well. It's good prep for anyone planning on doing the Civil War Century ride in Sept as it will cover parts of that ride, including the climb up Raven Rock (5 miles) and Foxville Rd (7 miles) through Catoctin Park. There are also two other primary climbs of approx 4 miles each up to (and down from) Gambill State Park for a total of 61 miles and 6,300 feet of climbing.

Ride would start/end from the mall in Frederick. Thinking of starting between 8:30 to 9 am depending on what the temps will be that day. Depending on interest we can figure out carpooling arrangements.
Colin
ColinWDC
Rockville, MD
Post #: 41
I'm interested.
Sarah W.
user 13526093
Leesburg, VA
Post #: 1
I'm interested. BTW - I am registered for the Civil War Century.
ChrisR
user 6077080
Frankfurt, DE
Post #: 189
I'm going to need the climbing work. I hope I can go.
Al S.
BikeCaseForRent
Potomac, MD
Post #: 172
Matt
I've always like to have long climbs under my belt, wondering if you the route in .gpx or at maprmyride for a recon!
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 520
Hey Matt,

I would be interested participating as well. However I'll need to work out carpooling and scheduling issues before I can commit to anything yet.

Bests,
gregg
Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 31
Considering it...but I may not be hard core enough...
Matt
mmpasta
Arlington, VA
Post #: 24
I posted the route on Mapmyride. Search under Md, MD for the location (I have no idea why it didn't save as being under Frederick, MD, when that's what I typed in). Name of the ride is Catoctin Ridger and it shows up as 60.88 miles.
Stephen_N
j_s_nightingale
Germantown, MD
Post #: 331
Too bad, I'm in the UK August 1 to 14. But I do plan to get in some 70 and 80 milers over Catoctin terrain in October-November, as early base miles for next year.
Maki
user 6188740
Washington, DC
Post #: 15
I am interested!