Mickey
mieshie
Waldorf, MD
Post #: 43
ki'm doing the st. mary's century. let me know if you wanna hook up.

I will not be able to join you all for this adventure I have to work.If anyone else has the same problem there will be a St Marys century on 9/17/2011 that's a Saturday. And I am looking for any training rides anyone is doing to get ready.

Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 35
If anyone still wants to do this - it has been postponed to 10/2 due to flooding...one last chance !
Sidney
user 16870341
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 2
Yea, I'm still going to do this on Oct 2.
joe
user 5670247
Reston, VA
Post #: 39
Sad about the flooding but happy about the date change. I should be able to make it now.
Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 36
Great - Maybe we will get a few more...

Let me know if you both want to meet @ the start - about 8 ? Its a good hour drive down from DC with no traffic
Mickey
mieshie
Waldorf, MD
Post #: 45
Erin, and whoever else, let's meet meet up and start our ride no later than 7:30am for the Indian Head 100.

thanks!
-Mickey
Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 37
Hi all again - So Who is still up for this ???? Mickey - given the hour drive, the best I can promise is to try to be there 7:30ish, on time to actually start by 8...heat is certainly not going to be an issue... Anyone else who wants to meet to start, I will give you my cell if you message me - I expect/hope to do a pretty even 15 mph average pace...
joe
user 5670247
Reston, VA
Post #: 42
I'll be there with a coworker. We're planning on the full 100 at about 15-15.5 overall average speed. I don't know this area but have heard it compares favorably with the Back Roads Century in regards to hills.

Including rest stops I tend to finish century rides in about 8 hours regardless of my moving speed. Was hoping to be riding by 7:30 but can be flexible if it means getting a group together to share time in the wind.
Sidney
user 16870341
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 3
I'm hoping to start around 7:30am. Hoping it will warm up quickly.
A former member
Post #: 43
8 a.m. start sounds do-able. I hope to do the full century. Let me know where you all are meeting up.

Hi all again - So Who is still up for this ???? Mickey - given the hour drive, the best I can promise is to try to be there 7:30ish, on time to actually start by 8...heat is certainly not going to be an issue... Anyone else who wants to meet to start, I will give you my cell if you message me - I expect/hope to do a pretty even 15 mph average pace...