VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Stolen Maroon Trek 520

Stolen Maroon Trek 520

Delores
dzdean
Annandale, VA
Post #: 2
snatched in Georgetown August 8, 2011.

Maroon Trek 520. (large frame)

I've rarely seen another one in this color; if you see one at all, it's worth looking at closer.

When stolen, it had a "Transit" rear rack, in black; tears on the seat; and a black and yellow mount for a handlebar bag (but not the bag).

The tires are new Forte Gotham.

Email me with any sightings.

Many Thanks! Delores
Delores
dzdean
Annandale, VA
Post #: 9
This bike is still missing. It belonged to a dear friend of mine. I thought I'd pass on the details of the theft as a warning to other bike owners.

This bike was stolen in a matter of seconds. My friend stopped to take a photograph and was standing a few feet away from the bike. When he put the camera to his eye, someone rode up on a junk bike, dropped it, mounted my friends bike and rode away quickly. Sadly this is the second time my friend lost a bike this way. The first time his bike was leaning against the end of a picnic table while my friend was having lunch. A guy rode up on a junk bike, dropped it and sped off on my friend's bike. My friend attempted a chase on the junk bike but was unable to catch him.

Please be aware of being approached by other bicycles when your bike is not fully secured. This switch can happen very quickly!