VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Backroads Century Ride

Backroads Century Ride

Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 528
Greetings All,

Hope everyone is doing well. I learned at the last minute that I will be participating in this year's Backroad's Century in Berryville, VA. Besides the always great opportunity to see many familiar faces, I will be traveling with the jersey fit kit in tow in the event anybody wants to participate in the 2012 group jersey order. If interested, please send me an email, respond to this thread or just look for me somewhere post ride. Enjoy your weekend.

Bests,
gregg
ChrisR
user 6077080
Arlington, VA
Post #: 199
Hope to see you there.
joe
user 5670247
Reston, VA
Post #: 40
Heading to Berryville now. Shooting for 100 miles but keeping open the option to bail out at 50 or 80 ... work and weather have kept my miles low for the past 5 or 6 weeks.

Silver & grey K2 road bike. Orange and light blue BikeMS jersey. Black helmet.

Will look for you.

Cheers!
ChrisR
user 6077080
Arlington, VA
Post #: 200
Gregg just keeps bouncing up everywhere, the Mt Vernon Trail, Whitepost, and Berryville. It turned out to be a very nice day for a ride!
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 529
Greetings All,

It was funny to literally run into Chris on the Mount Vernon trail on Saturday and then at the Backroads on the following day.

What can be said about this year's Backroads event? The good folks of the Potomac Pedalers did the impossible and made an already spectacular event even better. The support level was increased substantially to include additional rest stops, more technical support from local bicycle shops and live entertainment at a few of the rest stops. In other words, if I had to recommend a single autumn century to participate in, it would the Backroads. Thanks again to the Potomac Pedalers for a great show.

Finally, it was really great to see so many familiar faces from the group; Brett, Sarah, Mike, Barbara, Michelle, Chris, David and few others that I'm blanking on. I look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Bests,
gregg

Roger
user 14652348
Bethesda, MD
Post #: 1
Hi Gregg,

I was there as well, and finished my very first century with a group of friends. I logged 102 miles. My total riding time (excluding resting) is 6h09min, with average speed of 16.6 m/h.

It was such a wonderful event with beautiful countryside and very-well supported rest stops. Highly recommended!.

Roger