addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › ihrt excursion on video

ihrt excursion on video

Mickey
mieshie
Waldorf, MD
Post #: 52
Ok, so I filmed part of my journey on the IHRT (Indian Head Rail Trail) today. I forgot to charge my HD Flip Cam, so I used my digital camera's movie mode instead - thus, not so good video quality.

Since the IHRT pretty much right off my front door step, I ride it a few times a week. It's a 26 mile ride if you go from one end to the other and then back again.

SEE BELOW (or copy and paste link into browser)

http://www.youtube.co...­

IHRT Excursion
Al S.
BikeCaseForRent
Potomac, MD
Post #: 183
Pretty cool !!! looks like a preview of what Western Maryland will be like, closer too.
I love the tunes.. pretty much in line with what I listen to.
Thanks for sharing!
Demetris
user 18107341
Bowie, MD
Post #: 1
Thanks for the video Mickey. I agree, the IHRT is real nice. I rode it once back in September. Its smooth, flat and fast. Slightly downhill (-0.2 on my Garmin) going from the Waldorf side to Indian Head.
Mickey
mieshie
Waldorf, MD
Post #: 53
The video quality SUX, but I'll be filming more rides, but in HD format - so the picture will be much sharper and more colorful. I was riding westward into the setting sun at the time, so the direct sunlight effected the video at certain points.

Yes, the trail is great riding from Waldorf to Indian Head, because you're actually riding on descending elevation. However, coming back isn't too much fun, especially between Bensville Rd and Middletown Rd. On a good day I can sustain 21 - 22mph along there. However, yesterday, 16mph was as fast as I wanted to go that stretch.

I need to get out and ride more. Now that the chilly mornings are now here, I've been wimping out. :(

Ciao,
-Mickey
Al S.
BikeCaseForRent
Potomac, MD
Post #: 184
I will be honored to draft behind you guys the next time you plan it.
hmm Vet Day is looking pretty cool : )))