Colin
ColinWDC
Rockville, MD
Post #: 47
Gran Fondo Miami

Cue sheets and route maps appear finalized and are online; 100-mile route | 55-mile route

November 20, 2011 - Gran Fondo Miami: a timed ride (but not race) insanely popular in cycling-mad Italy, where it originated, and now spreading like melting mozzarella across the United States. Three (100-, 55-, and 25-mile) routes take riders from Coral Gables City Hall down to Homestead and back north through Brickell before looping back south to Miami City Hall. Organizers expect 1,500 riders from 35 states and Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Singapore. The goal, Gran Fondo organizers say, is to measure oneself against the clock, not other participants. And, of course, to have a steeped-in-Italy post-ride pasta feast.

Read more: http://www.miamiheral...­

FondoMotto
BikeCaseForRent
Potomac, MD
Post #: 185
I'll see you at the start, somewhere in the middle or at the finish. If I don't it means I overslept at South Beach. <grin>

on the serious note; they made mentioned the Sat is the best time to have your bike looked at and not the morning of the Event (SAG will be doing emergencies they said, lets see if that stands smile )

For those driving, Parking info was release this morning and its a premium. Garages will open at 10am Sat and 530am Sun, most are $5/day.

Ian Ullrich will host a pre-ride and will post info soon as he arrives, but the road to Key Biscayne seems will be a favorite for those who would like to their own pre or post ride.

also btw a $70 Gala VIP Charity Dinner.
Thanks, but no thanks. I got a bunch of Cliff Bar I got on Sale last Friday.

Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 531
Guys,

I'm officially envious of the both you. I wish I could join you but perhaps another time. Please enjoy yourselves and look forward to any post ride reports with lots of pictures.

Bests,
gregg
ChrisR
user 6077080
Arlington, VA
Post #: 209
A Gran Fondo with no hills to climb? What will you do?
FondoMotto
BikeCaseForRent
Potomac, MD
Post #: 186
A Gran Fondo with no hills to climb? What will you do?

We just think of it as the TdF Stage 21, where our new member will sprint to the finish. She had excelled very well for a newbie ;-)
FondoMotto
BikeCaseForRent
Potomac, MD
Post #: 187
Guys,

I'm officially envious of the both you. I wish I could join you but perhaps another time. Please enjoy yourselves and look forward to any post ride reports with lots of pictures.

Bests,
gregg

Actually another newbie had surprisingly jump in the band wagon, she claims Velodcity White Jersey.
We are very proud of her, a product of your Velo Group grooming.

Believe Wayne is in the lineup too as he mentioned earlier in the season

... and/but hopefully the DC GF version will materialize Gregg

EDIT ADD: Had to reply for the OP, since he left to drive this morning