VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Impromptu Ride - Beach Drive, The "Black Ride-Day" edition

Impromptu Ride - Beach Drive, The "Black Ride-Day" edition

Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 533
Greetings All,

Hope everything is going well for you. For those of you who are still in town and seeking a means to burn off some excess calories from the big Thursday evening feast, then feel free to join me for this impromptu ride on Beach Drive. The ride will be starting from the Rock Creek Park Tennis Center at 9:30am. For those of you would drive to the start, there's plenty of parking in front of the stadium.

The estimated total distance is 28 miles / 14 miles single direction. Estimated pace will be 15-16 mph with hilly sections for some fun. The route map can viewed at the link below:

http://www.gmap-pedom...­

If interested in participating, please respond to this message or send me an email.

Bests,
gregg

ChrisR
user 6077080
Arlington, VA
Post #: 211
Hope you had a good ride. I have to work. crying
FondoMotto
BikeCaseForRent
Potomac, MD
Post #: 188
Gregg, When I saw your post it was already too late crying
.. hmmm I may just do that ride tomorrow
thanks for the inspiration to get off the couch, ahww! my quads are so tight confused
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 534
Greetings All,

There appears to be some confusion over the "Black Ride-Day" edition of Beach Drive. The event will take place tomorrow, Saturday November 26th at 9:30am from the Rock Creek Park Tennis Center. Many apologies for the confusion and I hope to see you all then.

With Apologies,
gregg
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 535
I would like to thank Jed, Al, Mack, Colin, Barbara and Tegan for coming out yesterday on the "Black Ride-Day" edition of the Beach Drive ride. Folks, your company was greatly enjoyed and appreciated. In addition to a fun impromptu ride, Saturday marked the first public showing of 2012's "coolest looking jersey". Thanks to Al for providing the camera and photograph.

Bests,
gregg