align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › VeloDCity Newletter Update

VeloDCity Newletter Update

Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
VeloDCity Newsletter Update

Greeting All,

Happy post Thanksgiving Greetings. I hope you all had an enjoyable time with family, friends and lots of carbs. In this special edition of the newsletter: an impromptu ride, group jersey update and more.

The Jerseys are Here!
Question: What has some black and white with red all over? Whatever your answer was: a large package from Vista, CA has arrived on the doorstep with lots of them. In a few words, the jerseys look spectacular. I'll be spending the next few days processing the package to ship out the individual orders. So for those of you who ordered, please keep an eye out for a USPS box.

Impromptu Ride: Beach Drive, the Black Ride Day edition
What is "Black Ride Day"? It's the first group ride after the Thanksgiving holiday. While commitment issues prevented the scheduling an official group ride, there is an impromptu Beach Drive ride on for tomorrow Saturday morning. Specifics can be viewed at the link below.
http://www.meetup.com...­

Black Friday, Support you local bike shop.
While the media is in full promotion mode for Black Friday, don't forget to support your local bike shops. Like the bigger retail outlets, they are offering sales on a variety of cycling related merchandise such as clothing, gear and of course bikes.

Repair & Maintenance Classes
While the cycling season is in hibernation, it's a good time to brush up on your basic bike skills and your local friendly bike shops are here to help. The classes range from the basic(and very essential) emergency tire repair course to the more complicated maintenance of the drive train. To register or learn more, please click on links below.

The Bicycle Space
The Bike Rack DC
Capitol Hill Bikes

Bests,
gregg

Karen
RubyS-Works
Arlington, VA
Post #: 30
Got my jerseys yesterday and they look great. I can't wait to go out for a ride with my new jersey. Thanks Gregg for setting this up.
Matt
mmpasta
Arlington, VA
Post #: 26
I agree with Karen, the jerseys look great. Gregg you did a great job in getting these this year
ChrisR
user 6077080
Kyiv, UA
Post #: 212
Jersey arrived on Wednesday. And yes, it looks great! May be a little too light weight to wear for a couple of months. Maybe as a top layer over all the winter gear?