addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Stephen_N
j_s_nightingale
Germantown, MD

Well, the temperature will hover around freezing for the morning, and possibly tick up a degree or two by the afternoon. I am still proposing to turn up at Shady Grove at 9:30am, and see if we can make it as far as the Baldwin brunch haven.

If you don't feel like coming, I promise you won't be shot for desertion.

I'm inclined to take the Daisy Road - Bushy Park shortcut on both outbound and return. Should shorten it to a 48 miler. Main thing to watch out for is frozen patches under the tree cover. So we had better be circumspect especially on the downhills.

See all or some of you at Shady Grove. As suggested, I'll be swaddled to the max and you should be too. Hands and feet will need special attention to staying protected: otherwise you'll just have to amputate them at the end of the ride.

Stephen.