addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Group Ride for July 23rd

Group Ride for July 23rd

A former member
Post #: 6
I'm calling for a Sunday ride so that your Friday night hangovers get some rest on Saturday, and for a chance for those who prefer Sundays over Saturdays to ride with the group this coming weekend. However, if the majority of you prefer Saturday, please say so.

So, where to?

I suggest an easy ride to Rock Creek Park, through Bethesda, down into Georgetown. Mileage? Don't know off the top of my head, but it'll be a short ride.

I'm open to any other suggestions.

julio
Esther
user 2867907
Washington, DC
Post #: 3
Hi Julio,

Sat or Sunday works for me although I much prefer Sat (even with a hangover).

See you all soon.
Esther
Yuki
user 2932631
Washington, DC
Post #: 2
Hi hi, Julio.

I am on either Sat or Sunday. Yet, if I can choose, I would also go for Saturday! Maybe on the way back home today, I will purchase a trail map (the one Gregg had) that I can come up with some ideas for coming rides. Yet, Rock Creek Park sounds good too!

Yuki
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 45
Hey, can I ride too?

Yuki, you can purchase the map from any cycling shop in the area for about $10.

Regards,
Gregg
A former member
Post #: 7
Gregg, you can't join us for this ride. Actually, you are forbidden. You have deserted this group due to your Japanese promenade cool

See you at the group meeting, maybe. Please post this ride in the 'Events' section and update your website!! smile

Julio
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Guys,

I just joined the group last week and would like to ride with you all this coming weekend.

Either day is good for me, but I want to see if you guys will like to ride CCT instead of RCP. Well, I just rode the rock creek last weekend, So, I will like to do the CCT if possible and to see if I can make to Alexandra old town from bethesda. :) Perhaps we can even stop in the middle and do some paddling on the potomac river? lol... It's just me. I repect the group decision. If everyone is leaning toward the rock creek, just give me the time and place to meet. It's suppose to be a beautiful weekend! ....

Stanley
Ethan
VeloFellow
Huntington Beach, CA
Post #: 9
I'm up for it. I often do a loop around Rock Creek and Capital Crescent on Sunday. Just let me know when and where to meet.
A former member
Post #: 8
OK, good, looks like we're getting more interested riders. We can meet, again, at Rosslyn Metro and make our way to DC from there, by the monuments and then into Rock Creek Park. How does 9:30am sound? It's not that early, nor too late. A later meetup time and we'll have to deal with the roasting heat. All interested let me know if this set up is ok, or suggest otherwise.

Cheers,
Julio
A former member
Post #: 3
I will to try to make this one, if I do it will be my first ride. What time?
A former member
Post #: 5
Hey Julio,

So I assume it's going to be 23rd, Sunday, 9:30 right outside of Rosslyn metro. And I am just going to look for a group people with bikes.

See you guys there.

Stanley