VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › July Meeting Notes

July Meeting Notes

Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Evening Everybody,

Yesterday we had a great meeting at Noodles and Company in Pentagon City. Here's recap of some of the topics that were discussed.

- Freddie talked about her first and successful triathlon experience(Congratulations!)

- I described some of my experiences in Japan that included being attacked by deer, being stranded on a train for over 6 hours, getting around a flooded city and too much more mention in this space. Oh, did I mention that Mister Donuts make you happy?

- Reston Century Ride is taking place Sunday August 27th. For those folks who are participating, we discussed the options of carpooling to the event or staying overnight at one of the hotels. So far hotel rates are $70 - $150 which could be split 2/3 ways. If interested, please contact me or reply to this discussion. The sooner we can work this out, the better.

- On a similar subject, the group who decides to stay at a hotel can ride from the East Falls Church metro station to Reston Town Center and enjoy a big pasta dinner together.

- Lockers will be available at the Reston Pavillion for temporary storage during the ride.

- A possible name change for the group? Esther and Julio came up with the great name of "The Locomotions". Loco(crazy) + motion = us, the Washington Bicycling Group. I like it!

- Sankar and Manuel will be leading a Friday Night Social Ride this upcoming Friday August 4th. See discussion thread for more information.

- How do you folks feel about taking a weekend bus trip to NYC, Lewes, DE or anywhere for some cycling? The Washington/Maryland Road Meetup group is sponsoring such a ride to NYC in September, more information can found at http://bike.meetup.co...­ . The meeting point is in Howard County, a little too far for most of our members travel to but I like the idea and am looking into the logistics of scheduling such trip for our group. What do you think?

That's it for now. If you have any questions or comments about anything that has been brought up please contact me or reply to this discussion thead.

Regards,
Gregg

A former member
Post #: 19
I'm leaning towards "Trail Blazers." We can have some drawings/sketches of our favorite trails all over the jersey...if we're still thinking about getting jerseys. No pink or "magenta" please !!! : )

Julio