addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › IMPORTANT: If you are not going to show up for a ride...

IMPORTANT: If you are not going to show up for a ride...

A former member
Post #: 27
...after you've initially indicated that you would show up, please do the following: on Friday night remove yourself from the "yes" category, OR, call us the morning of the ride (Gregg's cell phone or mine: 202-607-7047) and let us know that you will not be showing up.

Today's ride was supposed to have 10+ riders. Only 4 of us showed up; a couple of them did call to inform us of their no-show, and everybody else didn't let us know at all. This has been happening in previous rides to a lesser extent, but today took the cake. We expected a bigger group and we waited: we waited for the no-shows and ultimatelly they wasted our time. If I lead a ride in the future, I assure you there will not be any more waiting for at least 30 minutes.

Perhaps Gregg will choose to be more diplomatic about this issue so as not to discourage you from riding with our friendly and patient group, but I've had it. It should be commom courtesy to let us know if you're not showing: post it BEFORE the day of the ride, or CALL us the morning we ride.

Usually I'm pretty easy going. But when my patience and time is taken advantage of - not so friendly. Hopefully, we will not have to revisit this no-show issue again.

Julio
A former member
Post #: 4
Hi Julio & Friends,
I agree with your no-show rule. I was not on the RSVP list for the 6 Aug ride, however, I had an incident concerning the 4 Aug ride.
I was supposed to meet Sankar and Manuel for the Friday social. On the way there my tire blew up. I'd also realized I had left my cell phone at home. I felt very badly for keeping the guys waiting and I wasn't able to make it.

Everything else is well and I'm going to attempt the 11 Aug social. Perhaps there will be no mishaps like last Friday.

R/
Erica