addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Friday Night Social Ride

Friday Night Social Ride

Manuel
Manuel
Washington, DC
Post #: 14
Sankar, Marta and I did this ride last Friday and it worked out pretty well, so we are planning to do it again this week. Below is a copy of the details of the ride from last week with just the dates changed for this week. I suppose we could also change the dinner place if people wanted to try something different.

--------------------------------------­------------
Friday August 11, 2006:
Friday Night Social Ride

Where: Start from Roosevelt Island parking lot, a short ride
from Rosslyn and key bridge

When: friday, Aug 11. Arrive by 6.15 so we can start no later
than 6.30.

What: Easy ride to Alexandria and back, about 15 miles,
followed by dinner in La Madeleine on M St in Georgetown.

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--

We have limited daylight so we will want to leave promptly at 6:30. The days are getting shorter, but we should have ample time to do the same distance that we did last week before dark. In fact, we should be able to do this a few more weeks before we have to hang it up unless there's some hardcore riders with lights for night riding. :) In any case, I know Sankar and I are planning to do it this week and all are welcome to join us.

If you have the email reminder from last week, it has my number. Hopefully Gregg can get another email this week. Otherwise, you are free to email me about the ride.

mbarbee100 at yahoo

For anyone who saw this message within a couple of hours after it was initially posted, please note the corrected email address.
Manuel
Manuel
Washington, DC
Post #: 15
Gregg has posted an event for this ride, so you RSVP there if you plan on coming.