VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Rock 'n' Roll USA is looking for cyclists

Rock 'n' Roll USA is looking for cyclists

Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Greetings All,

There's a great opportunity to volunteer and explore the city of Washington, DC in this Saturday's Rock n' Roll marathon. The organizers are seeking approximately 15 cyclists help out with various functions of the race. For information, please read below

I am looking for about 15 cyclists that we will assign to certain tasks on race day. We will assign a couple to the lead vehicle and then some will ride with the press trucks and the elite men in the half and full and some will be assigned to the women in the half and the full. They will need to be at the start at 7:15 on Saturday morning. Those that are assigned to ride with the half will be done by 9:30 at the latest. Those assigned to the full may be involved until 10:30 or 11. There may be a need for one or two to ride with a "celebrity", which may get them done a little later, but I do not have any at the moment.

I will provide them with a shirt, bag, credential and an all-access pass for their bike. I encourage them to wear their club kit so we can get them some exposure.

Thanks very much,
Jennifer Nanista
([url=mailto:jnanista@competitorgro­up.com]jnanista@competitorgroup.com

PS - On a personal and totally selfish level: I will be participating in the full marathon as a runner so seeing some friendly faces in the 'coolest looking jersey' will most definitely give me an extra incentive to perform well.

Many Regards,
gregg

Note: I removed Jennifer's phone number. Please use the email address to contact Jennifer about volunteering. Also include your cel phone number and that you're a member of the VeloDCity group.
Al
user 8266510
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 32
Gregg,
Do we volunteer through you or do we contact jennifer directly?
Thanks,
Al
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 540
Hey Al,

Contact Jennifer directly and then use this space(the message board) to coordinate with fellow members for carpooling, questions, comments, etc. As I previously mentioned, I will be present just participating as a runner.

Bests,
gregg
joe
user 5670247
Reston, VA
Post #: 50
I won't be able help at the event, but just want to wish Gregg good luck on his little run.
ChrisR
user 6077080
Arlington, VA
Post #: 228
This was Jennifer's response to me late yesterday afternoon:

"Hi Chris,

Thank you so much. Yes, I am very much in need of cyclists for Saturday. I will be sending out more detailed info tomorrow, but I will schedule you in.

Jennifer"

If you are interested, send her an email, I kept getting her cell phone voice mail when I called the number in Gregg's message.
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 541
Greetings All

Thanks Chris, for the information update. If you're still interested in volunteering, please disregard the telephone number and use the email link instead. Make sure that you include your cel phone number and that you're a member of VeloDCity. Finally, if you have 'the coolest looking jersey of 2012': RIDE the RED. Thanks again for your committing your time and I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Bests,
gregg
Al
user 8266510
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 34
According to Jennifer, there are about 32 cyclists that volunteered for the event. I'll be wearing the coolest looking jersey of 2012 so keep an eye out for me. biggrinChris R and I will be at Gravelly Point Sat morning at 6:30 and cycling over to RFK Stadium from there if there are any other volunteers coming from that direction. Good luck Gregg!!!
Regina
user 14355680
Broomfield, CO
Post #: 14
I'll be volunteering as a member of the medical team at Mile 12.3 from 8-11am. Hope to see y'all on Saturday! Good luck on your FULL marathon Gregg!!!
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 543
Greetings All,

Many thanks for volunteering your time on Saturday and for the kind words of encouragement. Minus any 'mechanicals' or bonk related issues, I hope to finish somewhere between the 4:15-4:20 range. I'll write a post race report afterwards. Until then, thanks again for everything and I look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Bests,
gregg
ChrisR
user 6077080
Arlington, VA
Post #: 230
Good luck Gregg. They won't give the voluteers (at least the medical teams know where they'll be) an assignment until we show up on Saturday, so don't know where I'll be when you sprint past me. ;)