VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Anyone interested in lunacy (aka Garrett County Fondo)...?

Anyone interested in lunacy (aka Garrett County Fondo)...?

Colin
ColinWDC
Rockville, MD
Post #: 48
Five route choices. The 125 miler features 16,500 feet of climbing...
http://www.winthefigh...­

Stephen_N
j_s_nightingale
Germantown, MD
Post #: 345
Sounds like a leg bender.
Think I will stick with the traditional Bay-to-Bay from Betterton and do the 50 miler as usual.
Stephen.
George
user 10910266
Rockville, MD
Post #: 10
The Diabolical Double looks evil enough....but impossible crying

The Masochistic Metric could be an option for me if my bike hasn't been shipped by then.
Matt
mmpasta
Arlington, VA
Post #: 27
looks like a fun one but I'll still be in Italy climbing the hills around Lake Como
Colin
ColinWDC
Rockville, MD
Post #: 49
looks like a fun one but I'll still be in Italy climbing the hills around Lake Como
I want to be you when I grow up...!
Colin
ColinWDC
Rockville, MD
Post #: 50
The Diabolical Double looks evil enough....but impossible crying

The Masochistic Metric could be an option for me if my bike hasn't been shipped by then.

I was thinking of the Fabulous 44
Lesly
LeslyJ
Washington, DC
Post #: 30
I did the Masochistic Metric last year. It's the first time a bike ride has made me cry! I am already signed up to do it again this year, because even if it made me cry, it was AWESOME. I just hope we have better weather this year. Last year, was windy, raining and COLD! Not the best way to ride hills.
Colin
ColinWDC
Rockville, MD
Post #: 51
I did the Masochistic Metric last year. It's the first time a bike ride has made me cry! I am already signed up to do it again this year, because even if it made me cry, it was AWESOME. I just hope we have better weather this year. Last year, was windy, raining and COLD! Not the best way to ride hills.

So...how bad was it? If the Civil War Century scores a 6 out of 10 for difficulty, how do you score the M.M.?
Matt B.
MattBDC
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
I am seriously contemplating doing the century. I was planning on doing Mountains of Misery first on Memorial Day weekend but do not think I am going to have enough miles built in at current pace. I am not up for the double metric.
Lesly
LeslyJ
Washington, DC
Post #: 31

So...how bad was it? If the Civil War Century scores a 6 out of 10 for difficulty, how do you score the M.M.?

Not sure I can make that comparison since I'm not familiar with the Civil War Century. In general, on a 1-10 scale, I would say 7.5. For me, the problem was probably lack of hill training. We just don't have hills that steep, that go that long in the District and I rarely ride in the suburbs. Better weather plus a granny gear and I probably wouldn't have been such a crybaby cool It was both AWFUL and AWESOME and I can't wait to do it again this year.