addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Bike Marshalls Needed on June 3rd

Bike Marshalls Needed on June 3rd

Sophie
SophieCW
Rockville, MD
Post #: 6
The National Capital Tour de Cure is looking for volunteers to be bike marshals on Sunday, June 3, 2012.

Details about this ride can be found at: www.diabetes.org/nationalcapitaltourdecure­

If you are interested, please let contact Lindsay below with the distance you would prefer to marshal for (100, 75, 50, 33, 20 or 12).

Please also provide your full name, your cell phone, and your preferred email address.

Lindsay Nelson
fixielinz@hotmail.com
904-699-9887

THANKS!
ChrisR
user 6077080
Kyiv, UA
Post #: 243
I'm volunteering for the fourth consecutive year and encourage other experienced riders to consider this as well.

Chris
joe
user 5670247
Reston, VA
Post #: 53
I'l be marshalling either the 50 or 75 (they haven't told me which one yet). This makes year 2.
John B.
user 32244982
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 1
Would like to help out.

Probably best for 12 miles; might be able to do 20.

What are the responsibiliities of a bike marshal?
Colin
ColinWDC
Rockville, MD
Post #: 54
The National Capital Tour de Cure is looking for volunteers to be bike marshals on Sunday, June 3, 2012...

Thanks for the suggestion Sophie; I just signed up to marshal for the first time.
Sophie
SophieCW
Rockville, MD
Post #: 10
Thanks everyone for volunteering to be route marshals! It is greatly appreciated!

John,
As a route marshal, you are basically riding back and forth making sure our participants are okay and see if they need any help while they are on the course. It may be helping to change a tube, adjust a chain, calling for help or just staying with the cyclist until a SAG wagon arrives.

If I get any more details, I will post it here. In the meantime, please look for more details at:
www.diabetes.org/nationalcapitaltourdecure­