addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Impromptu Ride: Great Falls, MD Side

Impromptu Ride: Great Falls, MD Side

Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 567
Greetings All,

Celebrate the Independence Holiday this Thursday with an impromptu edition of the Great Falls Ride (MD side). Slight changes have been made to route to placate the desire for some elevation training but retains the fast and popular sections of MacArthur Boulevard. The ride will start and finish at the Eastern Market metro station with a total distance of nearly 40 miles, 20 miles in both direction. Start time will be 7:30am to take advantage of the lite automobile traffice and provide folks enough time to return home in time for all the holiday picnic preparations. If you're interested in participating, please indicate so by replying to this message thread or sending me an email message. Estimated route information can be viewed here but cue sheets will be provided. Hope to see you then.

http://www.gmap-pedom...­

Regards,
gregg

Est Distance: 40 miles / 20 miles single direction
Terrain: mild rolling to brief hilly sections
Pace: Med(15 - 17 mph)
Highlights: MacArthur Boulevard, Great Falls Park, possible furry creature sightings

- All rides are 'No Drop', for nobody will be left behind.
- Helmets , ID, spare tube, bike lock/cable will be required .
- Snacks and liquids can be purchased.
- The event will be canceled/postponed if it rains.
- Email me if you have any questions
yuri
user 10968670
Arlington, VA
Post #: 1
I am in
Catherina C.
Washington, DC
Timing is perfect, so I am pleased join too. Thanks Gregg.

Regards, Cat
MLR
user 14167401
Washington, DC
Thanks for organizing, Gregg!
In and bringing my friend, Anna!
Drew
user 78971182
Washington, DC
Post #: 2
Hey Gregg - I plan on heading out to Poolesville early so I might run into you guys on my way back. Either way... have a great ride!
-Drew
A former member
Post #: 38
Count me in, sounds fun!