The Ventura Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › I want to find out

I want to find out

Javier
user 5451140
Ventura, CA
Post #: 1
I recently came upon a website which the North Alabama Free thought Association has started and they have an operation to send care packages to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. I wanted to know if people, in one of our meeting are willing to donate directly to NAFA or arrange care packages to them? As a military member myself I know that the packages that members receive have religious propaganda.

Operation Foxhole Atheist
http://thenafa.org/of...­

OFA started after hearing about several atheist soldiers in Iraq that attempted to start a group at their Forward Operating Base (FOB). They were harassed by a major that threatened to go after them with the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice). The soldiers did not violate the UCMJ at all. In fact, the major, by misusing his rank to harass the soldiers and try to trump their attempt to exercise their right in the military to the freedom of religion, violated the UCMJ directly.