Verge Lafayette / West Lafayette Message Board › Verge WL Event - March 7th

Verge WL Event - March 7th

Mike A.
Hey everyone!

First of all I'd like to say that I am extremely excited to be taking the reins here at Verge WL.  I think our community has something really great going, but I know that it is only the beginning.  I can't wait to do my part and help us grow throughout the coming year!  If you have any questions for me, about myself or Verge, please don't hesitate to send me an email --> d.mike.asem@gmail.com

Moving on - I'm happy to announce that our next Verge event has been scheduled for Thursday, March 7th.  We're going to change things up a bit and provide free pizza rather than beer, and hold the event at the new Mad Mushroom on Chauncey Hill across the street from Harry's.  Don't worry, we still plan to have beer in the future, we're just waiting for Mad Mushroom to have their license approved by the city.  Things will kick off at 7:00 p.m., and we will have our first pitch around 7:30.  Below you will see our line-up:

IntelliHire

IntelliHire is an online job search platform that allows you to apply and interview from home.  With it's unique system and design, it also makes the hiring process much easier and efficient for employers.

REDD Science

REDD Science has developed a new kind of handle that will make it easier to carry heavy things by reducing the stress on your body through his NSF-funded research with adviser Dr. Justin Seipel. Their handle suspension technology could apply to anything that you carry by hand, from briefcases to baby carriers to shopping bags. They are currently developing more advanced prototypes to put the technology into your hands with their startup REDD Science.

Fireside Chat with Gerry McCartney

Inaugural Director of the Innovation and Commercialization Center at Purdue University

Vice President for IT, CIO and Oesterle Professor of Information Technology at Purdue University

That's all I have for now.  Thanks so much for being a part of Verge, it's all of you that make it what it is!  Looking forward to seeing you all March 7th!

Mike