I hope you're ready for a good time tonight. This gathering of startup enthusiasts will have some of the most energetic entrepreneurs, software developers, and investors in town.
If you haven't RSVP'd yet, there's still room for you! You can RSVP and see who else is coming here: http://www.meetup.com/vergeindy/events/16616261/
I'm excited to have our presenters join us on stage this evening. We'll have three fast-faced pitches for you:
- Mike Gossett will present Whalaa, a startup that's making mobile coupons easy and valuable
- Matt Gordon will present DocRaptor, a web-based application that allows you to convert HTML to PDF or HTML to Excel quickly and easily
- Jesse Kurth will present Leather Bound, a startup for those who tend to judge a book by its cover
Join us at The Earth House tonight at 5:30. Pitches will start shortly after 6:00. We'll be checking people in at the door before you head upstairs for the event, so if you haven't already, please be sure to RSVP now
-----How to find us: The Earth House
is an old converted church with a fairly tall tower you can see from down the street in about any direction. There will be plenty of parking options available to you:
- There's street parking around the Earth House building. Just don't park next to yellow curbs or where towing-zone signs are located.
- There's a lot just south of the Earth House that will be able to accommodate many of you.
- The lot just south of the aforementioned lot, by the 500 building, which is also OK for you to park in.
- There's a parking garage at 101 N. New Jersey, named the Market District Parking Garage, on the corner of New Jersey and Market. It's within walking distance of the Earth House, and only costs $1 for up to 2 hours with an all-nightparking price of just $5.
- DO NOT park in the lot to the southeast of the Earth House (By the Maxwell Building). You will get towed, and that would be a bummer.
-----How to join the conversation:
- Each presentation will be followed by a rapid-fire Q&A, so be ready to ask questions!
- Whether you're at the event or not, you can follow the Verge conversation on twitter with the hashtag #VergeIndy.
- For those who don't get a spot for tonight's event or aren't able to make it downtown, you can watch the presentations, which we'll live-stream from our facebook page and at our Ustream channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/verge-indy. We'll start streaming live at 6:15. Thanks to Jon Corwin for all his help on this.
Bring the energy. See you tonight!