Verge Message Board › Why I'm Joining Verge from 2,500 miles away (and how you can be there in person)

Why I'm Joining Verge from 2,500 miles away (and how you can be there in person)

Matt H.
hunckler
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Hey there,

I'm so bummed I'm going to miss this Thursday's Verge event.

Our fireside chat presenter Chris Beltran carpooled with me last year as we ventured down to Austin for South by Southwest. He has so much wisdom to share about bootstrapping a software company by using university support and building to customer needs. Since stepping down from his founding role last year, Chris has explored the world in search of entrepreneurship and he has incredible insights to share this Thursday. But it's simply not possible for me to be in the room because I'll be 2,500 miles away.

I’m on my own exploration this week, which is why my social media channels have been purposefully quiet the past few days. It’s the first time I’ve taken any time off in quite a while and it’s the first time I’ve been out of the country in over eight years.

I’ve taken myself to the city of Medellin, Colombia this week as an entrepreneurial recharge and, more importantly, as a celebration. I’ve learned so much this year through the growth at Social Reactor and through the mentorship of people like Scott Jones. And, more importantly for you, the Verge team has made its biggest breakthrough in years.

This improvement with Verge will open so many doors for our community and create value for our entrepreneurs and investors beyond what we’ve built together so far.

But we’ll save that Verge community news for after Thursday’s event ;)

By not being there in person on Thursday, I'm not only missing the fireside chat with Beltran, but I’m also missing the first pitches from two talented friends and founders:

• Max Yoder will present Lessonly, which makes it easy to organize individuals and groups to deliver relevant lessons. You can learn more about Lessonly here >>
  • Chris Palmer will present Box Fox, which is revolutionizing inventory management through the resale of consumer products such as tools, electronics, sporting goods, and games. You can learn more about Box Fox here >>

Our first 100 spots filled up in about 3.5 hours last week, so we’re going to open more tomorrow morning. There’s already a waitlist with more than 25 people, so get in now to increase your chances on snagging a ticket tomorrow morning.

Registration will re-open with a few spots at 9:00am EST tomorrow morning. So, don’t be like me. Get yourself to Verge on Thursday if you can make it. You’ll be happy you did.

Ciao,
Matt

P.S. I’ve connected with a dozen or so local entrepreneurs in Medellin, Colombia. The passion in their country reminds me of the passion I see in the connections with you at Verge events and through our email conversations here. Look for new founder stories on the Verge blog later this week as I continue to explore the city of entrepreneurial Medellin.