Advice from Steve Jobs: “Stay hungry. Stay foolish.”
It’s definitely worth following. Steve Jobs, you know. But staying foolish doesn’t mean you have to stay ignorant, does it?
There are some great upcoming opportunities to ratchet up your startup game, especially for those of us in seed or launch mode.
First up, we are opening 50 more tickets tomorrow morning at 8:30am
for the Verge July pitch night, this Thursday night at Speak Easy
. The lineup is awesome and the wait list is growing (you can still add yourself), and I hope to connect with you when we’re not:
- Getting pitches from 2013 Innovation Showcase Company of the Year, Emphymab Biotech, and a demo from Sonar Studios on their new Google Glass capabilities.
- Hearing from an expert panel on “What Startups Need to Know About IP Today” for our fireside chat.
- At Venture Camp’s Demo Day catching three pitches from just-launched companies earlier in the afternoon (angel and seed investors, check it out. Code: VCAMP)
Two more excellent resources for you to check out:TechPoint’s Entrepreneur Boot Camp
DeveloperTown’s Office Hours
- What: A dozen startup experts provide a crash course for 75-100 aspiring and early-stage entrepreneurs to help them build successful startups. Answer questions like: Is my business idea any good? How do I prove that my idea will work? How should I structure, fund, and pitch my business?
- When: Friday, July 26th
- Use code “Verge26” for $25 off!
- What: Office Hours is a collection of experts across the various fields (legal, finance, marketing, technology, HR, sales, management, etc) that drive successful entrepreneurship by making themselves available for one-on-one consultation. Office Hours is for people who have started a technology related business, or are actively in the processes of getting their business off the ground. It is not for people who are thinking of starting a business. Office Hours is open to anyone in the startup community moving forward with an idea.
- When: Tuesday, September 10th
I hope to see you Thursday night
for all of the Verge pitch night action. If not, then maybe I’ll catch you at Venture Camp’s Lemonade Day
event at the crazy Kessler Mansion (Code: entrepreneur)!
PS - This year’s Powder Keg is shaping up to be a really impactful conference. We will have more Powder Keg news at Verge on Thursday, so stay tuned!