Verge Message Board › Learning by Action // Learning by Reflection

Learning by Action // Learning by Reflection

Alec S.
Alec.Synnestvedt
Indianapolis, IN
You know, when people really get it, you can just tell. You can see it.
Comprehension is so powerful it can make our heads subconsciously nod up and down in unison. It’s like music. It moves us. And when Matthew Anderson pitched Adproval during our September Pitch Night, I looked around the Speak Easy and I saw it happen.
Over 130 heads nodding together as Matthew fielded questions from the crowd. We got it. And it resonated beyond the walls of the Speak Easy that night.
The Adproval pitch video and review has sparked some great dialogue from Verge members Jeb Banner and Scott Hill in the comments. Take a look at the pitch video and share your two cents. We’re always looking for ways to get better.
As entrepreneurs, we tend to favor action over inaction. This is as it should be. Action produces results. We learn best through action. But, without reflection, it’s easy for action to lead us down the wrong path.
I’ve received lots of feedback that Jeremy Dearringer and Kevin Bailey’s fireside chat was one of the best we’ve had. I think what made it so special was that, after the two learned so much through rapid action at the helm Digital Relevance, their candid reflection was worth its weight in gold. I can’t wait to share it with you--keep an eye out for a post from me later this week.
Speaking of action:
I’m thrilled to announce that in November, we are going to get a chance to see an established local tech company launch a completely new software brand from the Verge Pitch Night stage.
This local company is very familiar with the Inc. 500 and best places to work lists and it’s founders are eager to launch their new brand--and share their amazing story--with you.
We’ll be taking Verge to an entirely new venue, one that has never hosted anything like this before. I’ll provide details later this week.
For now, get ready. This one’s going to be BIG.
Best,
Alec