***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY***
**The entrance to the park is right off of Via Marisol close to where Via Marisol crosses the 110 freeway. There are two separate sets of courts and we are normally at the set farthest from the Via Marisol entrance. Please be sure to look for us at those back courts.**
We are experimenting with our first mixed meetup session for both advanced and novice players. For this to work there are some clear guidelines that everyone must understand.
1) If you attend this session and specifically want to only play with other advanced players, this needs to be made clear up front. You need to make the effort to identify who the advanced players are. We do not need egos on the court who create a negative environment because of being frustrated with someone you end up playing that does not meet your expectations.
2) If you are an advanced player who occasionally enjoys spending a little time assisting/coaching/advising those who are new to the game please be loud and clear about this and feel free to step up and help out our novice players when you feel the desire to. Some of them are looking for opportunities to be guided or to have questions answered or are looking to play with advanced players as a way to help advance their own game.
1) You are a mixed group of players who sometimes want to stick to playing other novice players or who seek out a challenge from advanced players. You also need to make it very clear from the beginning what you are looking for. Identify who is advanced and who is novice and try to arrange a matchup that gives you what you are looking for.
2) If you somehow end up in a situation where you are playing an advanced player and you are not comfortable, feel free to back out of playing with that player. There should be no hurt feelings or embarrassment felt for simply trying to get out of a specific session as close to what you actually want or need as possible.
1) Please note that it is important for all members to set realistic expectations. Sometimes things just do not work out exactly how you would like or there are simply not the right members there at the time to accommodate what you are specifically looking for. It's all very hit and miss. There must always be a proper application of patience applied when working together to create the best experience possible. In the end, we should all try to simply enjoy playing the game regardless of what circumstances you find yourself in.
2) IMPORTANT - There are two assistant organizers that will be automatically RSVP'd as yes to every session. This is necessary for certain functional reasons with regards to managing the group through the meetup.com website. They will not always be able to ensure that they remove their rsvp when they cannot attend though. Please understand that an affirmative RSVP from an AO does not necessarily mean that they will be there. This is only for the AO's though. As a member, every effort needs to be made to ensure that you remove any affirmative RSVP's when you discover that you are unable to attend as originally indicated.
NOW LETS GET OUT THERE AND HAVE SOME FUN!