***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY***
**The entrance to the park is right off of Via Marisol close to where Via Marisol crosses the 110 freeway. There are two separate sets of courts and we are normally at the set farthest from the Via Marisol entrance. Please be sure to look for us at those back courts.**
We are experimenting with our first mixed meetup session for both advanced and novice players. For this to work there are some clear guidelines that everyone must understand.
1) If you attend this session and specifically want to only play with other advanced players, this needs to be made clear up front. You need to make the effort to identify who the advanced players are. We do not need egos on the court who create a negative environment because of being frustrated with someone you end up playing that does not meet your expectations.
2) If you are an advanced player who occasionally enjoys spending a little time assisting/coaching/advising those who are new to the game please be loud and clear about this and feel free to step up and help out our novice players when you feel the desire to. Some of them are looking for opportunities to be guided or to have questions answered or are looking to play with advanced players as a way to help advance their own game.
1) You are a mixed group of players who sometimes want to stick to playing other novice players or who seek out a challenge from advanced players. You also need to make it very clear from the beginning what you are looking for. Identify who is advanced and who is novice and try to arrange a matchup that gives you what you are looking for.
2) If you somehow end up in a situation where you are playing an advanced player and you are not comfortable, feel free to back out of playing with that player. There should be no hurt feelings or embarrassment felt for simply trying to get out of a specific session as close to what you actually want or need as possible.
1) Please note that it is important for all members to set realistic expectations. Sometimes things just do not work out exactly how you would like or there are simply not the right members there at the time to accommodate what you are specifically looking for. It's all very hit and miss. There must always be a proper application of patience applied when working together to create the best experience possible. In the end, we should all try to simply enjoy playing the game regardless of what circumstances you find yourself in.
2) Please rsvp if you are coming. If you are coming at a different time or you will be leaving early, please post that in the comment section. If you aren't going to make it, please change your rsvp to "no". This will make it easier to structure an enjoyable event for everyone.
NOW LETS GET OUT THERE AND HAVE SOME FUN!