addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Video Game Network Message Board › VGN Tournament @ Microsoft Store 11/20/12 (Unconfirmed)

VGN Tournament @ Microsoft Store 11/20/12 (Unconfirmed)

Joe
backdoe
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
VGN Tournament @ Microsoft Store 11/20/12 (Unconfirmed)

I know it's short notice but who's up for a tourney or two this Tuesday evening? Suggest whatever game you want. I'm looking at doing a CoD BOII challenge but we can probably run 2 or 3 tourneys. Based on feedback I'll schedule something. MS Store will give out some prizes but I'm not sure what yet (probably something like Xbox Live points, console/controller skins, games, etc. Heard they even gave out a console at the CoD BOII release tournament). There could also be a cash pot if wanted. There will be casuals as well.

Also, the next UH game nights will be 11/30/12 & 12/7/12. The UC is changing their hours so they will start at 8p and we must exit the building shortly after 12a. Usually the doors are already open before the start time so you could come earlier to setup, play, whatever.

Since there's no UH game night this weekend (UH UC is closed I think), VGN will probably host at the MS Store. We could do Fri. from 6p - 10p, Sat. anytime between 12p - 10p, or Sun. between 2p - 7p. I'm taking your feedback.
Phamink
Phamink
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
I got something to do on Tuesday around 4-7PM, so depends on what time. Have you thought about how your going to make the match-ups? or the rules? or how will it work? or getting the exact details of MS store prizes? Because if things aren't definite, it won't sound good to go.

As far as those three days, I be okay with any of those times, however, you should note of the traffic times @ galleria location and limited parking. And have you checked the hours of the MS store for those days or confirmed them?
Joe
backdoe
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 57
Time would be from about 6p - 10p. If it's a shooter, I'd do either free for-all or 2v2. I would probably just use MLG's base rules. Going to find out today about prizes. But if nothing else, people can come for the casuals, which would be for various games.

Yes, I've been informed of the times that are available at galleria/MS Store. So it basically depends on feedback from the gamers as to what day and time I set up any events or weekly events.