addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Video Game Network Message Board › Will I fit in well with this group?

Will I fit in well with this group?

Travis
user 71331882
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
I'm thinking about coming down and participating in the meetups, but I am not sure if I would really fit in with what you guys do, given that a great deal of your advertised meetups are focused on FPS or hardcore gaming in general.

I am pretty terrible at console FPS's, and with a few exceptions I don't enjoy the genre (I am an avid Team Fortress 2 player on the PC, and I moderately enjoy Halo games on occasion, most co-operative FPS games and game modes are fun when I come across them.)

As far as hardcore competitiveness, I am pretty bad at most game relative to pros, because I play more for fun than to be the best of the best.

I enjoy Super Smash Bros Brawl (Melee is good too, but I am terrible at wave-dashing, etc, and I simply prefer Brawl), pretty much any quality 2D platformers (big fan of all of Nintendo's recent 2D platformers, especially New Super Mario Bros.), racing games (especially kart racing games), and any multiplayer adventure games when I can.

I own and play Xbox 360, but I've always leaned towards Nintendo's consoles. I recently bought a Wii U which I am enjoying tremendously despite its somewhat limited library. I am also a PC gamer. I do not own a PS3 (but I have nothing against that system).

TL;DR version:

For the most part, while I'm not a 'casual' player (I play far too much to be considered casual), I play for fun, and while I always try to win, being the best of the best isn't my goal, I play to have fun first and foremost. Hell, I'd say exclusively.

Would this meetup group be a good match for me?
Joe
backdoe
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 58
I think you'd definitely fit in, as there are other gamers who play casually as well. Some of the games you've mentioned we do and have played such as New Super Mario Bros., Brawl (every game night), Wii U (last 2 game nights), racing games, and various downloadables. right now on PC we get a small group sometimes to play LoL. It really just depends on who comes, what they bring, and what people are in the mood for. We haven't played shooters hardly at all for the last few because no one was really interested so we ended up playing different games on the projector, like a Wii U game. I try to list the various games being played in the posts but you just never know for sure. One time someone showed up people playing Donkey Kong Country Wii. With the new point system I'm implementing, it may help cultivate even more variety of genres, hopefully.
Travis
user 71331882
Houston, TX
Post #: 2
I think you'd definitely fit in, as there are other gamers who play casually as well. Some of the games you've mentioned we do and have played such as New Super Mario Bros., Brawl (every game night), Wii U (last 2 game nights), racing games, and various downloadables. right now on PC we get a small group sometimes to play LoL. It really just depends on who comes, what they bring, and what people are in the mood for. We haven't played shooters hardly at all for the last few because no one was really interested so we ended up playing different games on the projector, like a Wii U game. I try to list the various games being played in the posts but you just never know for sure. One time someone showed up people playing Donkey Kong Country Wii. With the new point system I'm implementing, it may help cultivate even more variety of genres, hopefully.

That's awesome! Great to hear! I'll probably be showing up for your meetups then if I can come. Thanks for your time!