March is coming fast - On the[masked] at 18:30 (with talks starting at 19:00 strict!) at Stockwerk, 3. floor. This time we got the symfony Usergroup and the Silverstripe Usergroup joining us with talks!
Please note that we'll continue timeboxing, meaning we will be exactly on time! We will start exactly at 19:00! We are there at 18:30 so you can come a bit earlier (and you don't miss anything)!
As always, full-talks will be 45 min. max + Q&A (10 min max). Mini-talks are 15 minutes max + Q&A (10 min max).
• "Welcome" by Sebastian Göttschkes
• "PHPSpec in 2 minutes" by Sebastian Göttschkes
• "SilverStripe" by Philipp Krenn, Organizer from SilverStripe Austria
• "symfony2 Forms: Past, Present and Future" by Bernhard Schussek, symfony Core Developer
• Mini-Talk: "Hydra Symfony Bundle" by Matthias Steinböck
• "After-Gathering-Party" featured by StockWerk, 1. floor kitchen/bar
Between the talks there will be time for talks and drinks!
Jobs, new Open Source Projects, Collaboration, Events
PHPSpec in 2 minutes by Sebastian Göttschkes
Doing unit tests with PHPSpec changes the way you do TDD. In 2 minutes, the basics will be covered.
SilverStripe by Philipp Krenn
• Overview of the SilverStripe ecosystem and history
• Taking a look at the CMS
• Messing around with the underlying framework and extending the CMS
• Beware: This session will include live coding and might go horribly wrong ;-)
"symfony2 Forms: Past, Present and Future" by Bernhard Schussek
The Symfony2 Form component is a critical part for many Symfony2 applications. As such, we have been constantly improving the component to handle the many different use cases of our users and to lower the barrier to entry for newcomers. As seasoned Symfony2 developer, all
these changes can be sometimes hard to track. What about backwards compatibility? Will your business-critical applications break? And the questions don't stop there. How can you get up to scratch with the latest best practices? What can you expect from future versions? And how can you get involved to help things move faster? I will try to answer these and many other questions in my talk.
"Hydra Symfony Bundle" by Matthias Steinböck
Matthias will present his Hydra Bundle for symfony, a social media channel aggregator.
After Gathering Party by Stockwerk:
After the gathering we will have a little party in the kitchen/bar of Stockwerk in the 1. floor, having some drinks and snacks and socializing.
This meeting will be joined together with these usergroups:
• Symfony User Group Vienna
• SilverStripe Austria
• Stockwerk, your favourite Co-Working Space in Vienna, got us the location
• Artware.at, who are doing creative software solutions and who are looking for PHP Developers.
• B&G Consulting & Commerce, a development company for custom solutions, using mostly symfony
• easyname, domain and hosting company in Vienna
• JetBrains, makers of PHPStorm/WebStorm and other IDEs. They are giving away a PHPStorm License!
YOU WANNA TALK?
Tell us in the comments, talk to Sebastian, Stefan or Alex on the meetup or hit us up on twitter or facebook. Everything interesting to PHP devs is worth talking about!