This Meetup is intended for intermediate level players or higher, which means: Yankee C- and above level, players with firm understanding of game strategy. Should be able to play 5-1 and 6-2 formations, have a good grasp of skills (passing, setting, hitting) and be able to move around to cover areas of the court. Play should consistently be bump-set-spike.
If you'd like to play, please do the following:
1. Send an email to Kory using the following URL: http://www.meetup.com/volleyball-122/message/?recipientId=8675200
2. In the message please indicate the date of event and your preferred position so we can make sure we have the right mix. ( If I don't know your position already)
Note that sending an email does not guarantee a spot to play; spots are only guaranteed if you receive a positive confirmation email. We will do our best to make sure the event is co-ed, have setters, and incorporate a couple new members who want to join as well.
The location for this volleyball meetup is at the Orient Heights Community Center located at 86 Boardman Street in East Boston. Kory and Wing will be hosting these Tuesday night volleyball meetups.
This event is free if you are a member of Boston Community Centers. If not, it's a one-time $20 membership fee that is valid for a year. The Community Center is a short walk away from the Orient Heights T Stop on the Blue Line and also has plenty of parking. When you drive up, turn at the Mariott Hotel Sign and park in the lot or further along the fence.
As always, please remember:
- Respect the RSVP system (Don't show up expecting to play without a confirmed RSVP)
- The gym is open before the event to warm up, so please arrive a little early if you would like to warm up and stretch as we would like to start the game promptly from 7:00PM
- If it looks like you won't be able to make it or will run late please cancel your RSVP in time for someone else to join. Event day/last minute cancellations and no shows will jeopardize your participation in future events.