addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The MD/DC Volleyball Meetup Group Message Board › Opening up a NEW gym on Thursdays in Laurel, Maryland

Opening up a NEW gym on Thursdays in Laurel, Maryland

Steverino
user 3938290
Group Organizer
Kensington, MD
Post #: 133
FOLKS,

I entered into discussions with the management at the North Laurel Comm Center recently and was able to negotiate for us a weekly slot or two in order to play VOLLEYBALL.

I do not know how many of you live on the NE side of the DC Beltway but if you do AND have transportation, this is a new building and has great facilities. So, please come out and make your presences known.

We should have at least 12 players on a weekly basis if possible. We likely will have access to Two courts once we start showing up on Thursdays. Sundays will be a one court slot at the beginning of this until we can bring a regular weekly presence to this gym.

Please read a copy of our correspondence below...................................­........................................­.................

Drop-In Volleyball

TO: dedalusstevens
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:56 AM

Hi Steve,

I wanted to follow up regarding our conversation yesterday about drop-in volleyball at NLCC. Beginning on September 6, through the end of the year, drop-in volleyball is scheduled on Thursdays from 7-9pm. If we do see sufficient demand during that time slot, I will make every effort to continue offering volleyball from 7-9pm on Thursdays into the following year.

Prior to that date (from now through August 30), drop-in volleyball is scheduled on Thursdays, 5:30-7:00pm. I was also able to schedule a court on Sundays from 4-6pm, March 18-August 26 (except 4/1 and 6/10, which are not available due to prior scheduling commitments).

As we discussed, all drop-in volleyball participants must either be a community center member ($25/year for Howard County residents, $50/year for nonresidents), or must pay the daily drop-in rate. This drop-in volleyball schedule is subject to change due to demand and other Howard County Recreation & Parks program needs. For our NLCC recorded information line, which reflects the most up-to-date daily schedule, please call 410-313-4452 (press 5 for NLCC). For the NLCC front desk, please call 410-313-0390.

Thanks,
Stephanie Haas
Howard County Recreation & Parks
North Laurel Community Center

9411 Whiskey Bottom Road
Laurel, MD 20723
Phone: 410-313-0457

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­----------------

So, PLEASE, come on out and play, y'all. Otherwise, over time, we will lose this slot. Gotta pay to play, gotta play to stay......

Later, gators....

Steverino

Steverino
user 3938290
Group Organizer
Kensington, MD
Post #: 139
Members,

Few, if any, players are showing up here in Laurel at all. So, today, they did not even set up ONE net for volleyball since no players have been coming out to play. If we do not make our presence known here, the time slots will go away.

I recognize that 5:30 to 7:00 PM is a poor time slot for anyone who has to work but it is all we have to work with for now. Try to show up either on Thursdays or come on Sundays to play some VB.

I hope to see you all come out soon. Take care and keep on ballin'........

Steverino