The MD/DC Volleyball Meetup Group Message Board › Standard Operating Procedures: Tis how we roll....

Standard Operating Procedures: Tis how we roll....

user 3938290
Group Organizer
Kensington, MD
Post #: 152

The way that its worked in this sgroup is thus; Virtually NO ONE bothers to RSVP and loads show up. I was at Wisconsin Place on Tuesday and both courts were full with about 27 players total. NO one bothered to RSVP. This is typically the norm. Sorry, but that is how we roll in this group, for whatever reason.

Re fees; One buys an annual gym ACCESS card picture ID as your entrance pass and can use it at all County gyms to play. Cards are RENEWABLE. Not ALL County gyms have pick up VB. Cost is $35 per annum for IN county; $45 per annum out of county. Even so, it is the cheapest deal in the DC metro area. There are NO one day passes.

Note; CLOSED July 4 & Memorial Day. Mid August all gyms close 2 weeks for annual clean up, but staggered dates.

The Meetup doesn't have exclusive use of the gyms so we share with resident players.

If I can charge You all $1/month, I can rent a gym on Friday nights for 3-4 hours so we have a place to play. Are you all willing? If I can get each of you to commit and pay $12 per YEAR, then I can rent a gym on FRIDAY nights from 9 pm - 12 midnight in Silver Spring within 5 blocks of the Silver Spring Metro station, allowing foot traffic along well lit, highly trafficked main roads. The trains run until 3 AM on Friday and Saturday nights. In addition, those monies would be sufficient to allow me to schedule a monthly Happy Hour for all of our Meetup's members. During each of the monthly Happy Hours, the Meetup would be able to cover the first $200 in food and drinks, not including what ever discounts the venue would give us for volume of customers or Meetup members. So, a private gym 50 Fridays of the year plus 12 Happy Hours per year........Seems like a great deal to me. All of this from each of you committing to pay in $1 per month per person. Yes, I KNOW that we all have to purchase a gym ACCESS card but so do I, as well. The difference is that I have been paying the monthly Meetup fees myself for several years now. I would appreciate it if each of you could contribute one dollar per month. With that, we can rent our own gym AND have monthly Happy Hours...... Without that, we stay as we are now --- NO Friday night gym and No Happy Hours. The choice is yours. IF you all are amenable, I will set up a Google or Paypal setup where you all can contribute your $1 per month online thru the website. If not, how it is now is what will maintain. Gym rentals run almost $100 per week so you can all do the math as well as I can. Kindly give me your feedback. I would appreciate long as they are polite.
user 20558991
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 2
I think this is fair. Prefer to pay for a year, instead of monthly fee. Please let me know where is the location and time?