HELP OUT IN YOUR COMMUNITY! DONATE OR VOLUNTEER. (Please read thoroughly)
DONATE: DRY GOODS ARE ALWAYS NEEDED AT NEW LIFE (CANNED FOOD, SOUPS, PASTA, ETC.) SO PLEASE DONATE OR SEND RYAN WOOLSEY AN EMAIL FOR A DONATION PICKUP. THANK YOU!
VOLUNTEER: COME OUT AND HELP HOMELESS PEOPLE by supplying them with food, water, and clean clothes on the streets. Meet us at New Life at 7pm; we meet inside on the 2nd floor for a short introduction (there will be someone at the front door to guide you to us) and then we will depart from the shelter and travel by vehicles to handout the supplies we have gathered. Safety first: We always stay together in groups, travel by car together, and have a good rapport with the people we help.
We would love to have your help. Also, we could use sandwiches or some other type of meal that we could pass out to the homeless people on the streets of St. Louis we see each week. Please post a comment if you are interested in bringing some delicious food for our friends. Also, comment and specify if you will be bringing supplies, so we can make sure all the essentials are covered. Keep in mind that you are not obligated to bring supplies in order to participate. We are a loving group of people helping other people who are in need so please bring an open mind and an open heart.
Please contact Ryan [masked] with any questions.
List of needed items that are always in demand (Listed in order of importance):
• Water (bottled or gallon)
• Blankets, sleeping bags, tents, tarps
• Candles, flashlights, propane lanterns
• Batteries (any size)
• Propane (small green canisters), Propane (large white canisters)
• Clothes, socks, underwear, shoes, flip flop shoes (any sizes)
• Canned soup and other non-perishable food items, snack foods
• Soap, deodorant, baby wipes, toilet paper, feminine hygiene products, first aid kits, hand sanitizer, towels
• Bug repellent, Sunscreen lotion
Special Requests as of 6/19/2014:
• Jonetta - Size 8 clothes for her older daughter, especially undergarments, shoes size 2 1/2 and Size 2T or 3T clothes for her youngest daughter, especially undergarments. 9c in shoes.
• We also have had several requests for tents
• Kenny - Bike chain and lock
• Jamie? - Alarm clock (battery powered) and batteries
• James/Kate - Radio (battery powered) and batteries
• Blankets, blankets, blankets, ...
• Sneakers (men's size 10)
Participants are encouraged to reach out to local businesses for meal donations for our friends in need. Many restaurants and other businesses are happy to contribute.
***Also, if you know of businesses/companies who are currently hiring for employment or job fairs please share this information on the discussion thread below.***
THANK YOU !!!
**If you cannot attend please update your RSVP to reflect your plan not to attend ASAP so we will know whether to expect you or not and so others will be able to attend in the open slots.**