August 27 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Well it's time for our August VR Developers Meetup @ the Devnuts Hackerspace once more. A place where Enthusiasts, Developers, and Passionate Designers can share VR/AR tech.
The itinerary for the night will be:
• 7pm : Meet and great, snacks and beverages will be supplied.
• 7:30 pm: Guest speakers for the night
• Thomas Sharpless - retired S/W engineer and member of the International VR Photography Association will be discussing the use of practical spherical photography.
• Eric Greenbaum - VR developer, Founder of NYC VR, and patent attorney. He will be discussing the importance of ergonomics and Hygiene for HMD's and his work in accessories to improve user experiences
• Rahat Ahmed - Investor/ strategist. Recent project has been Trinity Magnum.
• 8:30 - 11pm: VR Demo Stations and Networking time
*This is a free event but there will be a donation bucket available if you would like to help offset the cost of future events.
More information coming in the next few days as we wait back on a few confirmations. Also, as you are aware the DK2 is still shipping to day one purchasers so if possible you are the lucky few that has received their kit, please contact event hosts if possible about bringing your DK2 to the event. We will have a few demo stations available that can use them with demos already downloaded for use.
After the presentations, there will be about 3 hours of networking time. There will be at least a few demo stations for people to try VR experiences and give the developers valuable feedback. If you have a project/game that you'd like to demo, bring your rig and whatever other equipment you will need and you're all set! We hope that we can keep a strong group going forward from here out on our monthly meetups.