July 13, 2013 · 10:45 AM
This location is shown only to members
Although the last part of this series ended at Adanac & Commercial, we'll start this one at a more accessible place, and then walk north on Victoria until we get to the area where we ended the last one.
We'll pass by parks and old houses, and then turn right on Adanac, heading towards the Trans-Canada Trail sculpture at Templeton Secondary School, then we'll go due north all the way to Wall Street, walk along that beautiful hidden gem of a neighbourhood above the harbour, and then into New Brighton Park, on Burrard Inlet by the 2nd Narrows Bridge.
After that, we'll go under the 2nd Narrows Bridge into Burnaby, through some interesting Burnaby parks, and finally ending in Kensington Park, at Hastings & Kensington, where you can catch several buses that go back towards Downtown Vancouver, or wherever you want to go.
The URL for this route is http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5987768 Note that this map does not include the first part along Victoria.
- We will stop periodically for washrooms breaks.
- The walk will take place rain or shine.
- Dogs are welcome provided that their owners are responsible for them at all times and that they remain on leash.
- The walk will actually begin at 11:00 am.
- The walk is approximately 11 km.
- The end time is approximate.
- The pace will be moderate - not a stroll, but not a fast walk, either.