March 15, 2014 · 10:45 AM
This location is shown only to members
The weather is supposed to be nice on March 15th, so let's go for a walk!
Starting at the Skytrain station, we will cross the bicycle/pedestrian part of the Skytrain bridge over to Richmond, then walk past the River Rock Casino (where our first washroom break), and over the Dinsmore Bridge onto Sea Island (where the airport is). Then we'll walk through the community of Burkeville and out the other side, walking back towards the water. We'll cross back on Gilbert Road and walk along the Middle Arm Trail for a while, ultimately coming back to River Rock and back over the Skytrain bridge.
The URL for this route is http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6228397
• This will be a loop walk - we will be going back to the starting point.
• For those who like a shorter walk, there will be several places where you can catch a Skytrain back to the starting point (or wherever you want).
• This walk is almost totally flat, except for small rises to get onto bridges.
• The walk is 11.5 km if you go all the way back to the starting point.
• It will take us approximately 3 hours.
• Kids are welcome, but must be under supervision of an adult.
• Dogs are welcome, as long as they're on a clearly visible leash.
• There will be washroom breaks periodically.
• We will wait 15 minutes at the start for latecomers, but we will start as soon as everyone who has RSVP'ed "yes" is there (or at 11:00).