August 16, 2014 · 10:45 AM
This location is shown only to members
It may be our last chance to see the beautiful and interesting community gardens along the railroad tracks of the Arbutus Corridor, so let's have a look and bid a fond farewell (?) before CP Rail destroys them.
We'll walk along the railroad tracks from Granville Island to Kerrisdale, then to Marpole and beyond, following the tracks to the Marine Drive Skytrain Station on the Canada Line.
• The walk is just over 11 km and mostly flat.
• This is NOT a round-trip walk.
• The URL for this route is http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6398109
• Dogs are welcome, on leash only.
• There are jumping-off places near transit at several points along the route.
• The route will take us about three hours to complete.
• There will be washroom breaks at Quilchena Park and Riverview Park.