The Vancouver Walking Meetup Group Message Board › Anyone Interested in a Fraser River Wall Walk?

Anyone Interested in a Fraser River Wall Walk?

Andrea
Drelika
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 75
Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone here is interested in a regular walk along the Fraser River Wall in South Van? The area is lovely, mostly paved, with a split walking path (bikes/walkers) like in Stanley Park. It is far less crowded, however. Walks could be quite long if desired as you can walk from the bottom of Argyle(-ish) all the way to New West.

I live quite close to the wall and would enjoy regular (weekly?), brisk walk.
Laura B.
polyglot
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 367
Andrea, have you ever attended any of our Walking meetup events? The reason I ask is that I'd be happy to make you an event host so that you could organize these any way you'd like, but I prefer not to do that before either I or one of my other event hosts has met you and gotten to know you a bit.
Andrea
Drelika
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 76
Hi Laura

No, I have been a member of the group for a while but I have yet to attend a meetup. Up to now the locations and/or times have yet to work for me. I'd be happy to arrange to meet you or another host somewhere if you'd like. Do you think there might be enough interest to start walks along the Fraser River Wall?
Werner M.
user 14145285
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 5
I'd go. But maybe more likely if you dropped the "brisk" bit. OTOH by the time I finish my SunRun training, I should be able to start going along on the more brisker walks, as well.
Laura B.
polyglot
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 368
Andrea, what times work for you?
Linda
user 19654851
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 9
Hi Laura, a neighbour and I do a brisk 7 or 8k 2 or 3 times a week from South Van heading west along the Fraser and return. It really is a delightful way to see the working Fraser. I have done the walk from the other direction with Dave a year or two back, also very pleasant. I'd certainly join in if you arrange anything in this vicinity as it's so close to home and there are potty breaks in all directions (including my condo if anyone wishes).
Andrea
Drelika
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 77
Werner: Maybe I should define what I mean by brisk. I don't want to go so fast that conversation is not possible, but faster than a stroll. Fast enough to be considered a "fitness walk".

Laura: I assume you mean what time work for meeting you? If so, I have a pretty flexible schedule. I could meet you any evening other than Mondays and Tuesdays. If you prefer day times I could meet you during the day on Mondays, Tuesdays or Fridays (generally speaking). Where would be a convenient location for you? I am located near Knight and 57th but I can meet you at Oakridge, or some other location that's convenient to you.
Laura B.
polyglot
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 369
Actually, I meant what time of day do you walk, as you said that none of our walks were at times that worked for you.
Andrea
Drelika
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 78
Oh! Sorry. Actually, it's been more of the case where when the time works, the location doesn't, as I don't always have a car at my disposal. That's the main reason I was interested in finding out if there were Fraser River walks. They are close enough to me that I could walk to and from if necessary.

I'm a consultant and take part in a couple of musical pursuits. My schedule is a bit erratic. I have some fixed weekly appointments but others shift week to week. If there were a regular monthly or weekly walk, however, I would do my best to schedule that as part of my week/month.
Andrea
Drelika
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 79
Linda, when do you walk? Maybe I could join you and your friend sometime?