July 12, 2013 · 5:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Let Them Eat Art is Maplewood's tribute to Bastille Day with an "anything goes" atmosphere. This is a self-guided tour through Historic Dowtown Maplewood's shops and restaurants. You will find the city abuzz with live music, live art, dream interpretation, face painting, belly dancing and ooh, la, la burlesque!
Last year there was a costume contest with celebrity judges Darin Slyman, publisher of the Vital Voice, RFT reporter Chad Garrison and the lovely Ms. Lola Van Ella.
Let them Eat Art -- SEE THIS LINK FOR DETAILS http://www.cityofmaplewood.com/index.aspx?NID=147
Let Them Eat Art is Friday, July 8th 2010 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
We will meet for dinner (we need food) at 5:30 at the Maya Cafe, 2726 Sutton Blvd., Maplewood, MO 63143 http://www.mayacafestl.com/
I'LL MAKE RESERVATIONS AT THE MAYA THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE EVENT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE RSVP. THAT IS WHEN THE SIGN-UPS FOR THIS EVENT WILL CLOSE.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR RSVP UP-TO-DATE. LAST YEAR I MADE RESERVATIONS FOR 30 BUT ONLY HALF OF THE YESES SHOWED UP. IT WAS VERY EMBARRASSING.
The Maya is located in the heart of Maplewood’s arts district on Sutton Boulevard. Its unique menu is packed with many south-of-the-border classics. It's Pan-Latin cuisine is made to order to your taste. The Maya Cafe’s main dining room and bar was designed by St. Louis artist Bill Christman. It boasts one of the most unique deck bars around – an old steel tugboat is its centralpiece – and its fresh-squeezed margaritas and housemade salsa will get you fired up for summer or any other occasion for that matter. The debate still lingers as to which is the best place to have one of the Maya’s legendary Margaritas. We recommend both. After dinner we will walk Maplewood, see art and party.
Here is what is planned
- Night of a thousand cupcakes! Taking "Let them eat cake" to a new level, we will be giving away one thousand cupcakes.
- Live demonstrations by regional artists and artisans
- Live music with headliner the Gene Dobbs Bradford Blues Experience and St. Louis favorite Gumbohead.
- Great food and drink specials by Maplewood’s award-winning restaurants including wine tastings and chocolate tastings!
- Dream interpretation by Dream Seekers
- Belly Dancing by Exotic Rhythms
- Hoop Dance performances by the St. Louis Hoop Club
- Tarot Card Reading and Henna Painting at Mystic Valley, now in downtown Maplewood!
- Kids’ activities including: Mad Science, Impish Grin Face Painting, Claire the Clown, Top Spinning with Hi Tadah, TKO DJ’s and a fire shooting ice cream truck.