March 8, 2014 · 9:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Walk the West Monarch Levee in Chesterfield
Meet at the central parking lot Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex 17925 North Outer 40 Road Chesterfield, MO 63005 (636)[masked]
Head west on I-64 W/US-40 W/US-61 N toward Wentzville Take exit 17 for Boone's Crossing Turn right at Boones Crossing Turn left at N Outer 40 Go approximately 2.5 miles. If you pass Spirit of St Louis Blvd you went to far. Meet at the central parking lot near the baseball diamonds.
What to bring:
- WATER – THIS IS IMPORTANT ALL YEAR LONG AND ESPECIALLY IN THE WARMER MONTHS. WE WILL USUALLY BE OUT FOR AT LEAST 1 ½ HOURS AND THAT IS TOO LONG TO GO WITHOUT REPLENISHING THE LIQUIDS THAT YOU WILL BE BURNING WHILE WALKING.
– I AVOID DRINKING CAFFEINATED BEVERAGES BEFORE WALKING. THEY DRY ME OUT AND MAKE ME HAVE TO URINATE MORE. THE ARE A LOT OF GOOD ARTICLES ABOUT “effects of caffeine and exercise” ON THE INTERNET OR ASK YOU DOCTOR.
- Dress in layers (not sure what the weather will do). The top couple of layers should be easily unbuttoned or unzipped to allow easy ventilation. Wear a hat.
- I recommend broken in hiking shoes over Tennis shoes. A lot of the trails are over loose gravel and dirt and the treads on the hiking boots work much better.
- Snacks – EAT LIGHTLY BEFORE THE WALK AND BRING A POWER BAR OR SNACK TO MUNCH ON DURING THE WALK. Meetup Donation:
Meetup charges me $72 every six months to have the Walking site. If you would like to donate $1 at some of the walks, it will be appreciated. Greg Kluempers