addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

EAST BAY WALKERS Message Board › good locations for (solo) 30-45 walks after work

good locations for (solo) 30-45 walks after work

Radim C.
user 10035624
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 1
Hello,

I just moved here from Midwest 3 weeks ago. Besides hiking on the weekends I would also like to walk (usually alone) during the week, say after 6pm. I work in downtown Concord and I live in Walnut Creek, near Treat Blvd x Oak Rd. Can anyone recommend my some city-parks or other suitable locations with no cars?

TIA,
Radim Cernej
A former member
Post #: 6
You have miles of bike trails near you. Also there is Lime Ridge open space, Mt. Diable. You can walk the bike trail to Dublin, lafayette, martinez, concord....Check online or with the library. You can get trail maps.
Roy
sfbaywalk
Oakland, CA
Post #: 4
Here is a link to the East Bay Regional Parks District. They have 65 parks. Also look at their regional trails.
http://www.ebparks.or...­

Other "homework" .... search "Contra Costa Open Space", "Alameda Open Space" "Save Mt. Diablo"
A former member
Post #: 1
Shell Ridge is nearby.
You can walk on the bike trails from Concord to Walnut Creek to Safeway or Whole Foods and buy groceries for your dinner smile Iron Horse Trail is the path that goes to the grocery stores. Continue on this trail to Danville or further. Go a different direction on the bike trail and you can walk to Mt. Diablo.
Radim C.
user 10035624
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 3
Today I checked out Iron Horse Trail, it will work for me very well. Thanks everybody for their suggestions.