Girl Forward – a Chicago-based non-profit organization that provides adolescent refugee girls in Chicago mentoring, education and leadership opportunities (and recent beneficiary of our last Go Girl Live event) - will be running in the Chicago Women's 5k on June 23, 2013 to raise money for its summer education programming, Camp Girl Forward. Go Girl Chicago is showing its support for their outstanding mission by running and raising funds with them… and we are looking for other Go Girls to join the team!
Not normally a runner or nervous about signing up? Have no fear! Go-Girl Kelly Spellman is a newbie to the running scene, too! Sign up anyway (it’ll be a super good time) and get in touch with her if you need a training buddy or race-day motivation!
Here's how it works:
1. Register as an individual for the Chicago Women's 5k here: http://www.womenshalfchicago.com/event-details/registration
The cost is $40 per person and it will take place starting at 6:50am on Sunday, June 23rd in Grant Park.
2. Contact Go Girl Kelly Spellman via e-mail at [masked] or by phone[masked] to let her know that you have registered and want to join Team Girl Forward (or with any questions about all of this).
3. Girl Forward will help us set up fundraising pages through CrowdRise. There is no fundraising minimum- raise what you can! - but they are offering prizes!
Raise $200 = get a copy of "Girls Like Us," GirlForward’s book of essays and poems by girls in their programs
Raise $500 = get a copy of "Girls Like Us" PLUS an awesome GirlForward t-shirt
Raise $600 = get a copy of "Girls Like Us" PLUS an awesome GirlForward t-shirt PLUS GirlForward will cover your race entry fee!
Raise $1,000+ = get a copy of "Girls Like Us" PLUS an awesome GirlForward t-shirt PLUS we will cover your race entry fee PLUS GirlForward will post a video message to you from one of their girls on their Facebook page!
4. Join the team for a few other optional pre-run events - a pasta dinner and training run - to get pumped for the big day!
5. Experience the total exhilaration of running with people cheering you on, being a part of a super cool team and supporting a great mission!
We are hoping to get 10 people to commit to running by June 5…. We hope you can be one of them!