align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Calgary World of Warcraft Meetup Group Message Board › "May 2013 WoW Group Update"

"May 2013 WoW Group Update"

Sabrina B.
user 37987542
Calgary, AB
Post #: 3
Hello Everyone,

I am Sabrina and still look forward to eventually meeting you all ^.~

I would like to help get the ball rolling on planning some fun events this summer, in hopes to meeting you and making new friends and have some fun!

However in order to plan the events in a manner that covers everyone's schedules and interests, it would help a lot if I had some basic information. Please see below:

1)Best schedule that works for you for planning events?
2)Should we have 1 weekday event and 1 weekend event to cover all schedules?
3)Where is Central for the members wanting to attend?
4)What are some of your outside interest that would be fun as a group?

I will start by answering them myself.
1)Saturdays-but if I am co organizer and a weekday meet up is recommended I can commit to that as well.
2)answered as above ^.~
3) I'm in Airdrie so North Calgary would work for me, But as Co Organizer I can Commit anywhere. (However Downtown is not a place I prefer-everything is very expensive and parking sucks! but if its a preference-I will endure lol)
4) I would love a Meet and Greet, then plan a camping trip! The Social Geek Club is going to Waterton for camping and I met them and they are really good people. I love camping myself, but no fun alone lol, So for this a Group is best! I figured this could be a good idea for this group if there is enough Interest-However not in Waterton. I prefer along Forestry Trunk Road.

Other Ideas: (Events planned will best suit everyone's budget)
Hook Up online and lets start a guild together with level ones and once a month or whatever we all hook up and play!
Ventrilo Karaoke/Name That Tune!
Mad Hatters Party!
Theme Nights/Dinners!
Movie Night! Board Game/Card Game Night!
Billiards
Bowling
and any Ideas you guys have.

Your input is appreciated.

Let's Have Some Serious Fun!
Seriously lol ^.~
Sabrina
Sabrina B.
user 37987542
Calgary, AB
Post #: 4
Update: There is another message board, which many people replied with the answers to these very questions (ages ago) lol.

If you have already displayed your interests schedules on that message board etc., no need to reply to this one.

I will read through that one and gauge from there.

For New people, please respond.

And others please respond to the camping idea, if it bows well I will schedule a meet and greet before a scheduled camping trip!
A former member
Post #: 1
I like Saturdays myself, Sundays will work too. Weekdays are hard for me to plan with work (but possible).
I'm not picky on the meeting place, I live in Airdrie as well, I will drive into wherever works for the group.

Ideas: Sabrina's sound great. Although I don't know what a madhatter's party is. Hang out at Prince's Island Park is nice in the sun :) or patio drinks somewhere, dirt biking, skiing in the winter.
Mark
user 69722862
Calgary, AB
Post #: 1
1) Monday and Wednesday evenings would be best for me during the week (not too late on Wednesday, need to get home and raid). I am pretty free on the weekends.
3) I am good with anywhere except the deep south
4) Drinking and eating is always a good time.