Women's Coding Collective - Boston Message Board › Looking for coffee shops, libraries, etc. with GOOD internet?

Looking for coffee shops, libraries, etc. with GOOD internet?

Kate
user 7931410
Belmont, MA
Post #: 2
Can anyone recommend a public place to work that has reasonable WiFi speeds? Preferably Cambridge or west of the city (I live in Lexington). Today I was at the local library and found 2.5/2.5 mbps upload/download speeds - eek! Couldn't even stay to get the work done that I came to do. Thanks for any suggestions!
Gisela
user 7656395
Watertown, MA
Post #: 6
For libraries, I'd recommend Watertown, Waltham or Newton. Connect via public WiFi from your laptop. In addition to library PCs, Watertown also loans out laptops for up to 4 hours for use within the building, they also have wireless printing from laptops (minimal charge -- 1st 2 pgs free/day). Can also reserve private study rooms. For coffee shops--my preference is Panera: Lexington St, Waltham; Arsenal St, Watertown; Center St, Newton; Highland Ave, Needham. Best to work around lunch time--11am-2pm (WiFi is limited to 30 mins usage).
Susan B.
susanBuck
Somerville, MA
Post #: 9
Last year I went to a workshop at one of the MIT buildings. It didn't require an ID to get in, the ground floor was very student center-y (i.e tables and chairs everywhere to work at) and the Wifi wasn't locked down. At the time I made a note it'd be a good place to work.

I'm 90% sure it was this building:
http://whereis.mit.ed...­