Women's Coding Collective - Boston Message Board › JOB: Web Design and Development Specialist at Fenway Health
Fenway Health is a comprehensive community health center, providing a wide continuum of health care services. We are New England’s leading primary care health center for the lesbian and gay community, and in addition we provide health care to residents of Boston’s Fenway neighborhood.
Fenway Health is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. At Fenway, we recognize that the rich variety of backgrounds, experiences and points of view of a diverse staff enhances both the quality of the services we provide and the excitement and innovative spirit of our work culture. The following position is available in Fenway Health’s Communications Department:
Web Design and Development Specialist [Job ID #441]
The Web Design and Development Specialist is responsible for the development, design and maintenance of all Fenway Health online properties and communications.
Typical duties include: designing, developing, testing and delivering web sites, applications and components, working with a variety of content management and web design software system (e.g. including the Convio web management platform, web hosting management tools and web production software products); enhancing and trouble-shooting existing web sites; creating and/or adapting web applications and components from the requirements stage through design and deployment; performing time-sensitive updates of online content and designing, and developing online communications, marketing, event and fundraising campaigns according to established deadlines; designing and developing site navigation and graphic user interfaces as needed; and performing search engine optimization and maintaining and interpreting site analytics.
Additional responsibilities include: assisting in the management and renewal of digital media assets, including domain registrations, web hosting, and software updates; communicating with vendors of online hosting, supporting software and services to resolve technical and performance issues in a timely and efficient manner; staying up-to-date on industry best practices and emerging technologies; and managing workflow, and providing direction, support and supervision to the Online Services Associate.
Note: Applications or resumes without a cover letter expressing interest in employment at Fenway Health will not be accepted.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of 5 years of web design and development experience
· Experience in developing websites and/or web applications
· Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing usability
· Experience with seamless integration of front- to back-end functionality
· Practical exposure and/or experience with some or all of the following: Java Server Pages and Java, XML, PHP, Oracle, MS SQL Server, ColdFusion Server, CFML, CFScript, IIS, Windows Server environments
· Experience with search engine optimization, analytics and site performance analysis
· Management/supervisory experience preferred
· Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, deadline driven, and often hectic environment
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
· Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
· Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
When applying for this position, please reference the job title and job ID #441
Fenway Health is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
A detailed cover letter and resume may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to (617) 927-6251; or mailed to: Fenway Health, 1340 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02215, Attention: Human Resources
Benefits: Fenway offers competitive salaries and has an excellent benefit package that includes health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, a retirement plan and generous vacation, sick and holiday time.