At the last meetup, Gannon, Katie, and I became the new organizers for this group. We are very excited to be your organizers and we look forward to continuing the great work Becky and Elizabeth have done. We believe this group has enormous potential to become a very effective and influential community group and our goal is to help us realize that potential.
We have some new and exciting plans on the horizon. Over the next few months, you will see us get more organized, set bigger goals, and take action.
Besides combating modern slavery, we also want to provide a platform for you, our members, to explore your interests. So whether it?s doing research, organizing events, speaking in public, building relationship with non-profits, or whatever, we want to know what you?re interested in
. This is very important to us and we will do our best to provide you with ways to explore these interests.
One of the important steps we?ve taken is to re-structure this group into 6 committees. This will bring about more focus, specialization, and organization. Each committee will have muliple members and will focus on a specific area of our operations. These committees are:
- Foster and increase membership.
2. Partnership & Outreach
- Build relationships with partner organizations and people.
3. Events & Fundraising
- Organize events and raise funds for partner organizations.
4. Research & Information
- Keep up on news and events. Manage content direction of new website (stopmodernslavery.org)
- Engage legislators and promote legislation.
- Explore technology as an enabler.So please email us at [address removed] and let us know of 1) your interests and 2) the committee(s) you?d like to be part of.
P.S. For profile info about your organizers, see links below:
Gannon Gilliespie: http://trafficking.meetup.com/19/members/2672511/
Katie Horner: http://trafficking.meetup.com/19/members/2390193/
Ray Lian: http://trafficking.meetup.com/19/members/3076145/