Jan 18, 2012 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
In this session Glenn Hilton the President/CEO of ImageX Media will present on some of the things you can do to catch the attention of that web agency you’re hoping to work for. During this session, we’ll explore ways you can set yourself up so HR managers will be lining up for a piece of you. And once you get the job, we’ll look at some of the things you can do to hold on to it so no one will be tempted to be check out the up and coming talent on the local job boards.
This presentation will cover questions such as:
- What's the best way to get experience without a job?
- What qualities, skills are agencies looking for?
- How can I increase my odds of getting an interview with the firm I'd like to work for?
- How can I get a company pursuing me rather than groveling in front of them?
- Are there things I shouldn't do that might sabotage my chances of getting a desired position?
- Is there any recourse I can take if I don't get an offer?
- If I do get the job, what should I do to ensure I keep it?
Additionally we'll explore things from the standpoint of a web agency and where and how an agency will tend to look for talent and what matters most when it comes to decision time. Many of the principals covered will also relate to freelancers who hope to attract and retain long term clients.