|Sent on:||Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:18 AM|
Please feel free to refer this position to other groups and people you know.
Position Title – WR121000
SQL Server DBA – Some Oracle as Well – Schedule Flexibility – FS – Marlboro, MA Area – Excellent Package
Excellent Compensation Package – Base + Bonus + PS
Local Candidates Only – No Sponsorship
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm – Great Company – Lots of Upside – Excellent Compensation Package – Bonus – Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth possibilities.
Position Responsibilities – Summary
This individual, as part of the Production Services Database team, will provide 24X7 production support for the firm’s Database infrastructure. The candidate must possess technical depth and breadth, should have a "can do" hands-on orientation and be able to function both independently and as a member of a team. The right candidate should have technical experience in supporting a large Production Database environment and possess strong analytical, troubleshooting, communication and decision–making skills. This role will report to the manager of Production Services.
· Participate in 24X7 production support for firm’s Oracle, SQL Server and Sybase infrastructure along with senior members of the Production Services Database Team.
· Provide database coverage within the firm’s NOC as part of the database team coverage.
· Lead & manage incident bridges, take ownership of issues, escalate to senior technical staff (as/when needed).
· Diagnose and resolve database performance anomalies and database outages
· Participate in our database on-call rotation
Keys to This Position:
1. At least 3 years of experience working as a SQL Server DBA (currently working with versions 2000, 2005 and 2008) providing production support in a 24X7 Mission Critical Environment.
2. Needs to have at least some experience supporting Oracle Databases
3. Needs to have Schedule flexibility (8 hours between 7am-7-pm) - Will include some weekend work
4. Needs to be a Team Player and a good communicator
Required Skills and Competencies:
· 3+ years experience as a Database Administrator supporting a global 24x7 distributed multi-technology/multi-location environments
· Hands-on experience in environments with the following areas:
· Microsoft SQL Server 2000 through SQL Server 2008
· Sybase ASE 12.5
· Oracle Database (11g, 10g preferred)
· Oracle RAC (11g preferred)
· Ability to function/lead autonomously in a collaborative culture with focus on business outcome(s), impact to the firm and client service orientation
· A personal style, commitment and communication ability that allows you to partner with IS peers and teams to work productively and efficiently.
· Good understanding of the financial services industry, business priorities/workflow and its associated Database, system and application needs
· Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Send Resume in Word format only to:
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - [masked] - Email - [address removed] - WEB Site – www.wrightassociates.org