Providence Web Development Lunch Hour Meetup Group Message Board › Changes to the group name and scope

Changes to the group name and scope

This message board is read-only.

A former member
Dear members:

When I started the group a few months back, one of my goals was to build a rich and diverse network of like-minded individuals so that we could all benefit from each other and build upon our collective knowledge. I have quickly come to realized that Intranet development is a much smaller niche than I expected and that our growth and discussions would suffer from this in the long run. In an effort to attract more members I've decided to change the name and scope of the Providence Intranet Developers Group.

Our group will now be known as the Providence Web Development Lunch Hour Meetup Group, and will be expanded to include broader discussion relating to the Web and web development. I know there are already many other groups like this in the area, but I feel these lunch hour meetups are just as important since many of us don't often have time to attend some of the other development meetups that take place after hours. Our group is not an attempt to compete with those groups, merely to serve as an additional venue for those of use who find lunch hour meetings convenient.

I hope you will welcome this change. I hope it will work to further our member community and provide for much richer content. I welcome and comments that you may have regarding the change.

The details of the September meetup will be posted shortly.

Sincerely,

Chris Bloom