Providence Web Development Lunch Hour Meetup Group Message Board › Ever considered a non-lunch day.. maybe coffee night?

Ever considered a non-lunch day.. maybe coffee night?

This message board is read-only.

Doug
Zabu
North Kingstown, RI
Post #: 4
25 members but only 5 made the actual lunch? You should try a coffee night!
A former member
Post #: 3
I think that's a great idea.
A former member
Post #: 13
Hi Zabu,

I realize that lunch time can be tricky. There is always a last minute meeting or a project that needs to be completed, always something that trumps lunch. I live quite a ways from the city, far enough so that I can't jet in for a coffee once I'm home for the evening, which is one of the reasons that I decided to schedule this group around a mid-day time slot. However, if that is something that you and others are interested in then you are welcome to use this message board to facilitate an extra evening meetup among the other members.

Also, there are quite a few area Meetup groups that do meet in the evenings - that's another reason that I decided to focus on the lunch hour time slot instead of the evenings. Feel free to check some of them out. Specifically, the Providence PHP Developers Group meets in the evenings at local pubs. PWDLH group member Andrew Shearer attended one recently and enjoyed it, so you might try connecting with him for details.

Thanks for the suggestion. If others are interested in this please chime in so that we can get a feel for this.
A former member
Post #: 14
Another group that you might want to check out is the Providence Geeks (though not officially a meetup.org group). http://www.providencegeeks.org/­ - they have regular dinner sessions and cover a wide area of geekdom.